// Our Products // SMART Extensometer
The SMART Extensometer is a multipoint borehole extensometer which monitors changes in the distance between six downhole anchors and a reference head at the borehole collar. The results can be used to assess ground behaviour and, consequently, improve mine safety and optimise mine design. The technology used by the SMART extensometer has been successfully proven in Canadian, Australian and American mines.
The SMART Extensometer can be supplied as an “off the shelf” length or custom-built to match your requirements. The instrument may be read manually or connected to a data logger for more detailed monitoring.
The SMART Extensometer can be installed in percussion drilled boreholes and can be grouted by cablebolt crews as part of their normal duties.
The readout head is contained within the borehole, offering additional protection without the need to drill oversize holes.
Engineering support is available for selection, installation, training and data interpretation.
- Determine actual ground movement
- Very rugged design
- Available in standard sizes or
- Built to match your requirements
- Anchors designed for high grout bond
- Fits completely within a 50mm borehole and is totally waterproof
- Leadwire can be shotcreted over for protection
- Can be read manually or data logged
- Uses same readout as a SMART Cable
- Designed specifically for the mining industry
- Length Up to 50m
- Diameter 33mm
- Strands: 22mm
- Measurement Points: 6
- Diameter: 33mm
- Range: Up to 500mm
- Resolution: +/- 0.125mm
- Accuracy: +/- 0.5%FS